On your two day tour of Cairo and the Pyramids, from the mysteries of the Sphinx to the majestic glory of the Pyramids, embrace the Land of the Pharaohs and all the exotic charms of evocative Egypt
- Visit the Egyptian Museum, the Papyrus Institute, the Pyramids of Giza and Sakkara, the Great Sphinx of Giza, Khan El Khalili Bazaar and the Citadel
- Understand the relationship between ancient Egyptians, the Pharaoh and their Gods.
- Experience the lively city of Cairo and its numerous sights by night.
- Stand on the Great pyramid of Giza and feel how massive an accomplishment it was to build the only Ancient Wonder of the World still standing.
- Variable Pickup Time
- Please note that the pickup time for this tour changes weekly due to circumstances at the border. We require all customers to confirm with us between 72 and 48 hours prior to the tour to check for the up to date departure time.
- Day 1:
- 17:00-21:00 (varies) - Pick up from your hotel in Eilat (check with us the exact time closer to the date), transport to Taba border crossing and start the long overland drive to Cairo (10-12 hours)
- Day 2:
- 08:00 - Arrive at Cairo, stop for breakfast
- 09:00 - Visit the Pyramids of Giza & The Great Sphinx
- 13:00 - Lunch
- 14:00 - Visit Old Cairo, including Muhammad Ali Mosque and the Coptic Churches
- 17:00 - (optional) Nile Cruise at sunset time
- 20:00 - Transport to your hotel in Cairo
- Day 3:
- 08:00 - Breakfast at your hotel
- 09:00 - Visit Cairo Museum
- 11:00 - Khan El-Khalili Bazaar (Market) in old Cairo.
- 14:00 - Start the journey back to Eilat
- 00:00 - Approximate arrival back in your hotel in Eilat
- Important Information about Cairo Two Days Tour:
- - Bookings are for a minimum of two participants.
- - Upon returning to Eilat, you will need to arrange for your own taxi back from the border (taxi cost covered by the guide)
- - Depending on traffic, you may return later to Eilat than the itinerary indicates
- - Prices are per person in a double room. A single supplement of $38 applies if you wish to sleep in a single room.
- - Some countries require visa clearance in advance, please check with us prior to your booking if unsure.
Departing in the middle of the night to make the most of your day, you will be transported through the Taba border into Egypt and drive through the starry night across the Sinai desert and the famous Suez Canal to arrive in Cairo at 7am.
Stopping for breakfast you will continue on to the phenomenal Great Pyramids of Giza, one of the Seven Wonders of the World! Marvel at the unsolved mystery of how they constructed these colossal mystic pyramids in ancient times, and then ponder the riddle of the majestic Sphinx, the oldest known monument in the world.
Visit the legendary Cairo Museum with its collection of Egyptian antiquities including the stunning treasures from Tutankhamun’s tomb. Then enjoy the bustle of the lively Khan El Khalili Bazaar before beginning your homeward journey to Eilat.
Please note that our tours to Egypt are run by an external operator.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.