Eat Pray Love in Nazareth
Discover Nazareth’s deep-rooted past while observing its modern era & don’t forget to come hungry and enjoy while we show you the different senses of Nazareth!
Nazareth, located in the Lower Galilee, is the center of the Christian Pilgrimage. The very home of Jesus Christ, the city brims with churches, museums, and historical intrigue at every turn. Our Eat Pray Love in Nazareth is your chance to experience Nazareth in all the senses from historical, political, social, and culinary angles.
The tour begins in Fauzi Azar, a 200-year-old Arab mansion owned by a respected Nazarene family in the Old City of Nazareth. After meticulous renovations, the property was converted into the city’s first hostel in 2005. Our journey will begin at its charming entrance leading to a fascinating blend of old and new among the local market, street vendors, traditional food staples, and boutique cafes and restaurants.
From there, we will continue onto Mary’s Well, a significant historical site dating back to the New Testament, where Angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary and therefore is of monumental importance to Christianity.
Afterwards, we head to the oldest mill – spice shop in town, where an assortment of aromatic spices are ground in the most traditional ways. Each bite will captivate your senses as you learn about the rich culinary history within modern-day Nazareth. Sipping a refreshing traditional drink from the oldest coffee shop in Israel, sampling some mouthwatering pastries at a family run local bakery. And chowing down some homemade Kubbeh.
There will also be stops at three of the most religious sites in the city, including the Greek Orthodox Church of The Annunciation, The Basilica of The Annunciation, and The White Mosque. Our tour ends in The Basilica of The Annunciation.
- A local certified guide will take us around the Old City Of Nazareth - We will visit the most religious places for Christians and Muslims
- Hear stories and legends of Nazareth from the past and the present
- hear personal stories by local business owners about the changes Nazareth experiences over the past 2 decades
- The Oldest Mill in Nazareth
- Local tasting tour with a vegetarian option
- Various Bakeries of the Old City
- Best and sweetest Knafeh in Nazareth
- The Oldest Coffee Shop in Israel
Good to Know
- The Tour is not suitable for gluten free people
- Modest dress is required for this tour (scarf/shawl for women. No shorts or bare shoulders)
- Professional Guiding
- Entrance to Churches and Mosques
- Food Tasting
Is there a vegan option?
Yes! we can provide vegan option
Is There a Transport?
No! The tour will be in the Old City of Nazareth
Can i Wear Shorts?
Modest dress is required for this tour (scarf/Shawl for women. No shorts or bare shoulders)
Do we visit the Annunciation Church?
Yes we will visit the most important religious places in Nazareth