Haifa, Acre, Zippori Tour
Travel up north and discover the fascinating cities along the Western Galilee and the Mediterranean coast, each with its rich mix of natural beauty, ancient heritage and religious traditions.On our way to the coast, we pass by Mount Precipice, where Jesus survives an attempt to throw him off the cliff. We will stop for a short while to appreciate the view and then continue our tour in Haifa, the capital of the North. Haifa is considered a holy city for the Baha’i faith, who have planted sacred gardens along the hillside leading up to their shrine. You’ll have a great view of the beautiful gardens, as well as the city of Haifa, spread out across the coast below, as you learn about the great Baha’i religion and history. Driving north, we’ll pass through the charming neighborhoods of the German Colony and Wadi Nisnas.
We then continue to the ancient city of Acre, a walled port-city, rich with over 3500 years of history. Each successive ruler left their mark on the city, and we will be given time to explore it from the sea, sailing around the walls of Acre. The old city walls, the crusader fortresses, the lighthouse, and the mosques. Even today, the city is still vibrant and active, and we will visit the bustling marketplace for lunch. There is a wide range of culinary options, however, we recommend the simple but tasty Hummus Saeed, famous throughout the country for its tasty chickpea dip and warm, fresh Arabic bread.
On our way back to Nazareth we will visit an olive press near Tzipori. You will see many beautiful olive groves throughout this region as you are reminded of the fact that you are just a short distance from the Mediterranean sea.
Lastly a refreshing Beer on the balcony viewing Nazareth (depending on the weather) of the first, only brewery of Nazareth, Nazareth Beer Brewery.
After a full and fruitful day, we will drive back to our starting point, Mary’s Well, ending the tour at approximately 6 pm.
- See the striking Mount Precipice, with a panoramic view of the Galilee
- Visit the stunning Baha’i temple in Haifa, with its majestic gardens running down the entire Carmel Mountain
- Explore the extraordinary old city of Acre, its fortresses, minarets and marketplaces
- Taste delicious and fresh local food in the marketplace: tasty hummus or sweet knaffeh
- Drink the first and only local beer in Nazareth Brewery
- Taste the famous Galilee Olive Oil in Zippori
Good to Know
- Things to bring - Hat and sunscreen, Water and snacks
- Be aware This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials and/or App-based Content, but no actual guide.
- Transportation to sites
- Olive Oil tasting & Tour
- Beer tasting & Tour
- Drinks and snacks
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation, but no actual guide.
- optional sailing in Acre – 20 ILS
- Entrance to Acre Sites – 50 ILS