Our Horseback Riding Tour on the Jesus Trail allows you to admire the stunning landscape of the Galilee from an new and fascinating view point; the back of a horse
- Follow the footsteps of Jesus and the apostles
- Explore the outdoors on horseback with a guide
- Enjoy cakes and coffee
- Ride alongside the Sea of Galilee
- Hear stories and legends about the region from your guide
- 07:00 - Depart from Nazareth - Mary's Well (HaMaayan Square)
- 07:45 - Start the horseback from Kibbutz Lavi
- 12:00 - Short hiking around the Sea of Galilee
- 15:15 - Tour ends
- 17:15 - Arrive back in Nazareth
- NB: All times are approximate
- Horseback Riding Essential Information
- - The ride is at a walking pace and is designed for beginner riders and those without experience.
- - Minimum age is 10 years old
- - Riders are required to wear a helmet (riding hat) which is provided.
Follow the footsteps of Jesus, on one of the most significant pilgrim trails in the world, as you ride along the path which runs all the way from Nazareth to Capernaum.
Departing from Nazareth on Tuesdays, we’ll drive the short distance to Kibbutz Lavi where we meet to prepare, mount the horses and begin our ride. As we begin our ride you will be met with beautiful views of the landscape of the Galilee, while we head in the direction of the Horns of Hattin. These twin rock peaks mark the site of an extinct volcano, and the battlefield where the crusaders were defeated by Saladin in 1187 resulting in the formation of the third crusade.
From the top of Hattin, we will begin our journey along the Jesus trail as it meanders from hilltop to hilltop. We will pass Nabi Shu’ayb, one of the holiest shrines in the Druze religion, which is where it is believed that Jethro, Moses father in law, is entombed. This tomb complex has been the location of Druze pilgrimages for centuries. We then head down the valley to the Arbel stream, the perfect location to stop and have some tea, coffee, and local deserts.
The final part of the trail is from the Arbel stream towards the village of Migdal, the hometown of Mary Magdalene. This last part of the trail passes underneath the stunning Arbel cliff-face which overlooks the Sea of Galilee.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.