Leaving from Nazareth, our Kayaking in the Sea of Galilee tour provides for an amazing day of activity, history, culture and natural beauty
- Kayak in the stunning waters of the Sea of Galilee
- View the mountain range of the Golan Heights directly overhead
- Visit the ancient fishing village of Bethaisda
- See the biblical sites of Jesus' life and childhood
- Eat local snacks in a garden in the ancient village of Capernaum
- 07:00- Depart from Nazareth - Mary's Well (HaMaayan Square)
- 08:15 - Arrive Capernaum
- 08:30 - Kayaking and Tour begin
- 14:00 - Arrive at a beach on the Sea of Galilee
- 16:00 - Arrive back in Nazareth
- NB: All times are approximate
- * This tour requires a moderate level of fitness, as it involves around 11km of Kayaking.
Our Kayaking in the Sea of Galilee tour departs in the morning on Tuesdays from Nazareth. We’ll set out in the early morning towards the Sea of Galilee, where we will meet our guide for the day and receive the equipment, Kayak and information needed for this exciting tour.
Following a brief safety discussion and outline of the day ahead, we’ll embark in our kayaks along the length of the Jordan delta towards the ancient fishing village of Bethaisda, where a number of Jesus’ apostles were born and raised. You’ll be able to observe a large variety of wildlife, including an abundance of bird species and aquatic animals. Then we continue on towards Capernaum, where we will arrive on the banks next to the Church at Capernaum where it is believed that Jesus chose his 12 Apostles.
After some delicious snacks in the garden at Capernaum, we will continue in our Kayaks towards the southern part of the Sea of Galilee and the Church of the Primacy of St Peter, as well as visiting the site of the Church of Loaves and Fishes in Tabgha. Following lunch, we will head to a beach nearby before travelling back to Nazareth in the mid afternoon for a well-earned rest.
Whether your interests lie in history, religion, natural beauty or you simply enjoy kayaking on a beautiful and peaceful lake, this tour is a great option for those looking to enjoy the North of Israel.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.