Kibbutz Tour from Eilat
On this tour you will get an introduction into what Kibbutz Life is all about. Kibbutz Eilot is one of the first to be established in the Arava Desert, and one of the few remaining ones in the country today that still follow the original community based living standards.
You will get to see the first house, the army bunkers that were used in the past, along with the children’s home and dining hall that are still used to this day!
The tour will finish with some herbal tea that you can pick yourself, and a taste of the delicious dates grown by this kibbutz (considered to be the best in the country), before continuing to the dining hall for lunch with the locals before making your own way back to Eilat. On Friday’s, you get to experience the local farmers market where you can purchase fresh and organic produce grown here in the desert!
- Tour one of Israel's last remaining truly communal Kibbutz
- Learn about the history, culture and unique lifestyle that a Kibbutz offers its residents
- Eat a delicious lunch in a Kibbutz dining hall (on Wednesdays)
- Eat a freshly made sandwich from the farmers market (on Fridays)
- Learn about desert agriculture; It’s challenges, benefits and how it developed in such harsh conditions
Good to Know
- This tour includes transportation one way, but you make your own way back to Eilat. There are buses every 20 minutes from the main road (5 min. walk), bus numbers 22,23,6,390,397 will all get you back. You can also get a taxi for approx. 30 ILS
- On Fridays, eat a freshly made sandwich from the farmers market!
- This tour is available seasonally, in the winter only.
- Things to bring: Hat, sunscreen, water, snacks, camera.
- Transportation (one way)
- Return transportation