Northern Israel Package 3D/2N
The north of Israel offers a completely different experience than the rest of the country: lush green forests, quiet villages, mountains and beaches, ancient ruins, and holy sites of at least five different religions. There’s so many great places to visit, which is why we’re offering a three-day Northern Israel Package, so you can make the most of the Galilee, the Golan Heights and the rest of the north.
Our Three days of adventure begin and end in Tel Aviv. We drive up along the Mediterranean coast for a couple of hours before arriving in Haifa. Haifa, is Israel’s third largest town, and the holy city of the Baha’i faith. We will visit the Baha’i temple at the top of Mount Carmel, and explore the striking gardens planted along the hillside. Next, we’ll visit the beautiful old city of Acre, with its crusader fortresses, ancient walls and beautiful mosques and marketplaces. Lastly, we’ll drive back to Nazareth and visit an olive press near Zippori. You will see many beautiful olive groves throughout this region as you are reminded of the fact that you are just a short distance from the Mediterranean sea. We will finish the day in a delicious authentic traditional Nazarene cooking workshop in Fauzi Azar.
Spend each of your nights in the magical Fauzi Azar, where you will enjoy a delicious and rich Middle Eastern breakfast daily before embarking on your tours. Relax in the beautiful Arab mansion, tasting wonderful local cakes, whilst you can spend time in the large common areas under the magnificent ceiling artwork.
On the second day, we’ll go up to the Golan Heights, an area overlooking the Galilee and bordering on Syria. We leave Nazareth in the morning and move on towards Capernaum, a village on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus preached his famous Sermon on the Mount. We move on to the Banias nature park, where waterfalls gush from a fantastic spring. We carry on towards the frontier, going up Mount Bental and looking out over the Israeli and Syrian landscapes, with time for a quick bite to eat. Next up is a visit to a local winery, one of Israel’s finest, where we’ll taste their latest wines. We’ll stop by the Sea of Galilee again on the way back to Nazareth.
The third day will begin in Nazareth, located in the heart of the Galilee and the North, famous both for its association with Jesus, and for its vibrant and colorful marketplaces and food stalls today. You’ll join a great guided tour of Nazareth on the final day of your package, Nazareth The very home of Jesus Christ, the city brims with churches, museums, and historical intrigue at every turn. Our Eat, Pray & Love in Nazareth is your chance to experience Nazareth in all the senses from historical, political, social, and culinary angles.There will also be stops at three of the most religious sites in the city, including the Greek Orthodox Church of The Annunciation, The Basilica of The Annunciation, and The White Mosque. Our tour ends in The Basilica of The Annunciation
After the Eat, Pray & Love in Nazareth Tour, The day continues at Kibbutz Ma’agan Michael where you will learn about the communal community from a local member. As one of the key segments of early Zionist communities in Israel, Kibbutzim are collective communities based upon a socialist philosophy, providing a lifetime membership for their residents. With a long history of involvement in the realization of the Zionist dream and the incorporation of socialist ideology into the Israeli mindset and government structure, they also play a vital role in Israel’s agriculture and manufacturing industries.
You’ll experience firsthand the welcoming culture and history of the Kibbutz movement with an in-depth tour, including observing its extensive fish pools which provide a key source of income.
As one of the last remaining truly communal kibbutzim in Israel, a tour of Kibbutz Ma’agan Michael is a fascinating and unique experience immersing you in one of history’s most influential community structures.
Following the tour, we will depart for Tel Aviv, arriving back at Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv late afternoon.
- Explore the hometown of Jesus, Nazareth
- See the Sea of Galilee and the beautiful landscapes of northern Israel
- Tour the Church of the Multiplication and Capernaum
- Hike along the Banias springs and waterfall
- Stay in the famous Fauzi Azar
- See the striking Mount Precipice, with a panoramic view of the Galilee
- Visit the stunning Baha’i temple in Haifa, with its majestic gardens running down the entire Carmel Mountain
- Explore the extraordinary old-city Acre, its fortresses, minarets and marketplaces
- Day 1
Transfer to Nazareth + Day activities
Day Activity – Transfer to Nazareth from Tel Aviv
Haifa, Acre & Olive Press (Self Guided)
Evening – Cooking workshop in Fauzi Azar
(Overnight Fauzi Azar, Nazareth)
- Day 2
Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights (Self-Guided)
Day Tour – Tour to the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights
(Overnight Fauzi Azar, Nazareth)
- Day 3
Eat, Pray & Love in Nazareth – Kibbutz Tour – Return back to Tel-Aviv
Day Tour – Eat, Pray & Love Nazareth (Guided)
Afternoon Activity – Kibbutz Tour (Guided)
Transfer to Tel-Aviv after the Kibbutz Tour
Good to Know
- Pickup point - Abraham Hostel Tel-Aviv
- This is a partly self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation, but no actual guide. Self-guiding materials are available for FREE – Abraham Tours App (Available on Google Play and App store)
- Things to bring - Hat and sunscreen, water and snacks, passport & bathing suit
- Modest dress is required In religious places (scarf/shawl for women. No shorts or bare shoulders)
- Our Dorm rooms have an age range limit of 18 to 45 years. If you do not fall into this requirement, please select an upgrade to one of our great private rooms so we are able to accommodate you.
- Full transportation from Tel Aviv
- Self Guided & Guided Tours and activities
- 2 nights accommodation at the Fauzi Azar, Nazareth
- Breakfast daily
- Room Upgrade – Optional (Single, Double or Twin)
- Other meals
- Lunch during the Sea of Galilee Tour (45 ILS approx.)
- Entrance fees: Banias 28 ILS, Acre Sites 50 ILS (optional), Sailing in Acre 20 ILS (optional), Capernaum 5 ILS,
PICK A DATE
Will I be with the same people everyday?
As part of our unique and dynamic package style, you will be joined by many different travelers on each day’s tours, some who will be with you for most of your itinerary, and others who may just be joining for a day tour.
Are there any other fees for this package?
There are some entrance fees you will need to pay locally – full details can be found in your PDF booking confirmation.
The date I want to book is in less than 7 days and the website is not showing availability, can I still book?
Please email us directly at [email protected] to check availability for packages departing in less than 7 days.