Sea of Galilee and Golan Heights Tour
This tour departs in the morning from Nazareth. Our Sea of Galilee & Golan Heights tour will help you explore the history and natural beauty that make these regions so unique.
Our first stop brings us to the Sea of Galilee, actually Lake Kinneret, the largest fresh-water lake in the Middle East and the lowest situated lake in the world – 200m below sea level, as we visit the adopted Town of Jesus, Capernaum, where you can marvel at the religious and historical significance of a site revered by millions of Christians throughout the world. Visit the home of Peter, as well as an ancient synagogue situated where Jesus taught.
Then it’s on to the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus famously preached his Sermon on the Mount, and where you can enter the beautiful Roman Catholic Franciscan Chapel, with stunning views of the Sea of Galilee and the valley below.
A scenic drive through the Galilee region will take us to the famous Banias Nature Reserve, a place of captivating nature and fascinating history, Also known as Caesarea Philippi. it is near here where Peter first told Jesus that he was the Christ – the Messiah. Beautiful streams originating in Mount Hermon make this place a must see, and a perfect opportunity for a short hike.
Our next destination is Mas’ade, we will stop in a Druze village for a delicious lunch break with a view of Lake Ram, a crater lake in the northeastern Golan Heights, near the village of Mas’ade and Mount Hermon.
Then it’s on to the frontier as we travel to the summit of Mount Bental, with time to stop and grab a bite to eat. From here you can overlook the Syrian territory sprawling off to the horizon, with Damascus just 60km away. Not only does Bental provide some of the most amazing views of the Galilee, Golan, Syria, and Mount Hermon, but it is also a dormant volcano with a crater-like feature which can be seen from the summit as well as a battle site in the 1973 Yom Kippur War replete with bunkers and trenches to explore.
Our next destination is the Tel Shifon Winery, where you can develop your wine palate as you sample a variety of locally produced wines at a boutique winery.
Our final stop (seasonal) brings us back to the Sea of Galilee where we’ll relax at a beach allowing you to enter the cool and refreshing waters, escaping the heat of the day, before returning to Tiberias.
- View the stunning Sea of Galilee from the heights of Tiberias
- See the biblical sight of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount of Beatitudes
- Visit the ancient fishing village of Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- Walk around the Banias Nature Reserve (Hermon Stream)
- Taste superb wines from one of Israel's finest boutique wineries
- Scan the horizon from Mount Bental as you overlook the Syrian side of the ceasefire line
- Take a refreshing swim in the cool waters of the Sea of Galilee from a full facility beach (seasonal)
07:00 – Depart from Nazareth – Mary’s Well (HaMaayan Square)
08:15 – Arrive at Capernaum
09:00 – Visit the Mount of Beatitudes
10:30 – Hike around Banias Reserve
12:30 – Lunch at Mas’ada
14:00 – Lookout at the summit of Mount Bental
15:00 – Wine-tasting at a local boutique winery
16:30 – Visit a beach at the Sea of Galilee (seasonal)
18:00 – Arrive back in Nazareth
Good to Know
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials and/or App-based Content, but no actual guide.
- Things to bring: Hat and sunscreen -Water and snacks -Bathing Suit -Modest Clothes -Towel (seasonal)
- Transport to all site
- Wine tasting
- Lunch (approx 45 ILS for Galilee lunch)
- Snacks & Drinks
- Entrance to Capernaum
- Entrance to the Banias Nature Reserve
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation, but no actual guide.