Jeep & Chill Tour: Judean Desert and Dead Sea Adventure from Tel Aviv
Are you looking for an adventure that blends history, nature, and relaxation? Then our Jeep Tour and Dead Sea Chill Out are perfect for you. Get ready to experience the rugged beauty of the Judean Desert, witness ancient traditions, and visit one of the oldest inhabited monasteries in the world. Afterwards, unwind at the Dead Sea by floating in the famous salty water or immersing yourself in mineral-rich mud. These tours offer a great value and a convenient escape from the chaos of daily life.
Join us on an exciting journey through the Judean Desert with our Jeep Tour. Leave the city’s traffic behind and enter a world of breathtaking landscapes and ancient traditions. We’ll take you to explore the territory of the Bedouin tribes, witness their shacks and animals, and discover the significance of ancient water cisterns. Learn about the Bedouin shepherds’ way of life, which has remained unchanged for generations. We’ll also visit Mount Azazel, where the ancient Jewish tradition of casting off a scapegoat still takes place annually on Yom Kippur.
Our next stop is the almost-secret Mar Saba Monastery, which was founded over 1500 years ago and is inhabited by Gjudereek Orthodox monks. The monastery, surrounded by ancient rock caves, provides a rare glimpse into the past and is one of the oldest inhabited monasteries in the world.
After the Jeep Tour, we’ll head back to Jerusalem and then travel to the Dead Sea for our Chill Out experience. You can relax and float in the salty water or immerse yourself in mineral-rich mud, renowned for its beauty benefits worldwide. Our non-guided tour provides great value and a convenient option for visiting this site of natural beauty and significance.
Don’t miss out on this unforgettable journey through history and nature. You can download our free travel app to get more information about the sites we’ll be passing. So book your spot now and get ready for an adventure like no other!
- Off-Roading Adventure: Experience the stunning landscapes of the Judean Desert, away from the hustle and bustle of the city traffic
- Learn about the ancient traditions and way of life of the Bedouin tribes
- Relax and unwind at the Dead Sea, floating in the famous salty water or immersing yourself in mineral-rich mud known for its beauty benefits around the world
- Wednesday & Saturday
6:30- Depart from Abraham Tel Aviv
7:30- Breakfast in Abraham Jerusalem
08:00 – Depart from Abraham Jerusalem
09:00 – Visit Mount Azazel
10:00 – Views of Mar Saba
12:00 – Return to Jerusalem for a short break
12:30 – Depart Jerusalem
13:30 – Arrive at the Dead Sea beach
16:30 – Leave the beach and head back to Jerusalem
17:00 – Arrive to Abraham Jerusalem
18:30- Arrive to Abraham Tel Aviv
*Please be advised that there may be changes in bus services while ensuring that arrival times remain the same to Tel Aviv as part of our commitment to eco-friendly practices and saving the planet.
NB: All times are approximate and highly dependent on traffic conditions.
-In the event of rain in the Judean Desert, we will go out on a flash-flood tour instead!
Good to Know
- Pick-up points: Abraham Tel Aviv Lobby, Levontin St 21, Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Things to bring: Passport, Hat and sunscreen, Bathing suit, Water and snacks
- Participants must be at least 13 years old
- Please note that starting October 15th, towels will not be provided on this tour. Towels can be purchased at Abraham Hostel reception (the tour pick-up point) for 15 NIS.
- Professional Jeep Tour guide
- Entrance fee to the beach
- Self-guiding materials are available for FREE. Abraham Tours App (Available on Google Play and App store).
- Dead Sea Chill Out is self guided
- Food and drinks
PICK A DATE
Where can I leave my belongings while I’m at the beach?
You can leave your passport and other belongings on the bus which will be locked while you are at the beach.
Are there showers at the beach?
Yes there are showers, changing rooms and restrooms at this beach.
Can I stay at the beach after the tour goes back to Jerusalem?
Yes, please be sure to notify the driver if you plan to do so.
What will I see on the Jeep Tour?
You will witness breathtaking landscapes of the Judean Desert, visit Mount Azazel and the Mar Saba Monastery.