Making Hope: From a Vision to Reality with Maoz Inon
Dear Friends and Partners,
I want to invite you to join me on a special journey of hope through the captivating streets of the Old City of Nazareth. In the midst of both personal and collective loss, it has never been more urgent to highlight the transformative power that cross-community partnerships can yield – and my personal experience in Nazareth is a true testament to that power. Drawing inspiration from the impact of these partnerships that we will witness during our tour of Nazareth, we can collectively shape an enduring vision for hope and cooperation.
In 2005, my initiation into the world of social and business entrepreneurship began with a groundbreaking venture in Nazareth, aimed at revitalizing tourism in the city. As the largest Arab city in Israel, domestic tourism was nearly non-existent in the early 2000s. Teaming up with various partners, I opened the first hostel in Nazareth – an award-winning guesthouse named Fauzi Azar Inn. The profound impact of this guesthouse and the partnerships forged along the way have left an indelible mark on the Nazareth community. Empowered by the invaluable lessons I learned from this venture, I went on to engage in over 20 years of business and social Initiatives, predominantly fostering Jewish-Arab partnerships and Israeli-Palestinian collaborations.
What Will this Experience Entail?
– Our journey will commence with a brief historical overview of the conflict and how Nazareth, in particular, has been impacted.
– I will then share my personal journey into the realm of social and business entrepreneurship, exploring the inception of the Fauzi Azar Inn and its lasting impact on Nazareth and communal life nearly two decades on.
– Next, we will meet with an array of inspiring local entrepreneurs, delving into their personal stories, gaining insights into the broader narrative of Nazareth, and discussing the influence of local economic initiatives on shared life and how they generate hope.
– Our tour will culminate where my story with Nazareth began – at Fauzi Azar Inn – for an open, intimate discussion on how each of us can be local catalysts for change and how we can collaborate to foster hope and advance lasting peace.
Looking forward to sharing this eye-opening and inspiring experience with you.
- Introduction to Maoz, his vision, and his venture
- Journey of hope through the streets of the Old City of Nazareth
- Introduction to the multitude of businesses and young initiatives that characterize present-day Nazareth
- Visit to the Fauzi Azar Inn guesthouse
Good to Know
- Things to bring: Beverages, reusable water bottle, sunscreen, modest clothing (for those who wish to visit churches independently at the end of the tour).
- Meeting point:15:30 at Rosé Roastery Boutique Café (next to the Fountain Square), Nazareth.
- Tour language: English.
- The entire tour will be filmed and will be used for marketing, promoting tours, and Nazareth in general.
- Participation in the tour constitutes consent for public use of all content and photos taken during the day.
- A few days before the tour, a dedicated WhatsApp group will be opened for participants.
- Single-use items are not to be used during the tour.
- Please note: Please do not bring any form of weapon on the tour. You will not be able to participate on the tour if you are carrying a weapon.
- Guided tour of Nazareth with Maoz Inon
- Meeting with local entrepreneurs
- Hot beverage (tea/coffee)
- Parking (Waze link for parking– approximately 20-30 ILS for daily parking)