Masada, Ein Gedi & Dead Sea Tour from Jerusalem
Join us on a journey through the stunning Judean Desert as we explore some of Israel’s most beautiful and iconic sites.
Leaving Jerusalem, we’ll travel south through the beautiful Judean Desert to the foot of the Masada fortress which stands beside the Dead Sea. You’ll take a cable car to the top of the fortress, enjoy the special views, and explore the archaeological ruins, before continuing to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, an oasis in the desert, for a short hike, and the unique opportunity to float in the waters of the Dead Sea, and immerse yourself in the famous mud.
Masada is one of Israel’s most important archaeological sites, and the site of one of the greatest tales of Jewish heroism. The excavated ruins are fascinating to explore, and the remarkable location high above the surrounding desert and the Dead Sea, makes this an impressive experience. You’ll ascend to the top of Masada via a cable car. After leaving Masada, we’ll travel the short distance to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. Surrounded by desert, this beautiful reserve offers a beautiful hike alongside the cool waters which flow from the spring. Stop and cool off beside one of the pools which can be found along the way, before returning to the entrance and heading to our final stop of the day. The lowest place on Earth, the Dead Sea is really a lake with water so salty that it allows you to float. Read your newspaper whilst floating in the water and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud which is sold around the world as beauty products before returning to Jerusalem having enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you’ll never forget.
Our Masada, Ein Gedi, and Dead Sea tour is unique and designed for the independent traveler. No other tour combines these three beautiful sites, and allows you to hike up to the top of the fortress, an important part of any visit! Leaving from Jerusalem on a daily basis, this is a remarkable tour.
For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
- Take a cable car to the top of the Masada Fortress
- Explore the ruins at Masada and enjoy the spectacular views across the Dead Sea to the Moabite mountains in Jordan
- Hike through the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature Reserve and cool off beside a beautiful pool
- Float in the waters of the Dead Sea at the lowest place on Earth
- Immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud at the Dead Sea, sold around the world as health products
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Judean Desert through which we'll pass
Good to Know
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials, but no actual guide.
- Self-guiding materials are available for FREE - Abraham Tours App (Available on Google Play and App store).
- In the unlikely event of there being flooding at Ein Gedi, we will instead go to Qumran or a similar location
- Pick up Points: Abraham Jerusalem Lobby - Davidka Square
- Things to bring: Breakfast, Passport, Hat and sunscreen, Bathing suit, Walking shoes, Water and snacks
- Please note that starting October 15th, towels will not be provided on this tour. Towels can be purchased at Abraham Hostel reception (the tour pick-up point) for 15 NIS.
- Transportation to all sites from Jerusalem
- Entrance to the beach at the Dead Sea
- Lunch and drinks
- Ein Gedi entrance (31 NIS)
- Masada entrance and Cable Car both ways (74 NIS)
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation, but no actual guide. Self-guiding materials are available for FREE – Abraham Tours App (Available on Google Play and App store).
PICK A DATE
Can we hike up to Masada?
On this tour, the itinerary is based on the use of the cable car, so it is necessary to use in both directions. If you’d like to climb Masada, take our sunrise version of the same tour!
Are there showers, lockers etc. at the Dead Sea beach?
Yes, there are showers, lockers & bathrooms for your convenience.
What sites will we be visiting on this tour?
Our tour will take you to two of Israel’s most iconic sites – Masada fortress and the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. You’ll get to ride a cable car to the top of Masada fortress and enjoy breathtaking views of the desert and the Dead Sea. At Ein Gedi, you’ll hike alongside cool spring waters and even get the chance to float in the Dead Sea and immerse yourself in its famous therapeutic mud.
Is this a guided tour?
The tour is self-guided, but we do provide transportation and printed guiding materials for your convenience. We also have a Fun Coordinator who will be there to ensure that you have a great time and connect with fellow adventurers.
What is the Abraham Tours App?
The Abraham Tours App is a free travel app that you can download to your smartphone. It provides more information on the sites we’ll be visiting and helps you make the most of your journey.
What should I bring on this tour?
We recommend that you bring breakfast, a hat, sunscreen, a bathing suit, walking shoes, water, and snacks. It’s also a good idea to bring a camera to capture the stunning views.
What happens if there is flooding at Ein Gedi?
In the unlikely event of flooding at Ein Gedi, we will visit Qumran or a similar location instead to ensure that your tour continues as planned.
Do the prices change?
Yes, the prices for this tour are dynamic. The pricing changes according to availability and demand.