Best of the West Bank Tour from Jerusalem
This unique one-day guided West Bank will take you to three of the highlights of the region – Bethlehem, Jericho and Ramallah – for an unforgettable insight into the history and culture of this fascinating region. Visiting major historic and religious sites, as well as sites of natural beauty, and modern-day culture, this is a varied and fascinating tour which you will not soon forget.
Leaving Jerusalem, the tour heads to Qasr-el-Yahud, the ancient baptism site of Jesus on the banks of the Jordan River, before stopping at Jericho, the oldest city in the world. As well as the historical sites, we will have the opportunity to view the Mount of Temptation from below, where the biblical story of the defeat of the Devil took place.
Next, we explore Ramallah, the modern, vibrant, cultural capital of the West Bank, where we’ll walk through the city and visit Arafat’s Tomb, before moving on to the city of Jesus’s birth, Bethlehem.
The final stop is Bethlehem, where we will visit holy sites of the city, including the Church of Nativity; walk through the Old City with its colorful market; and walk alongside the separation barrier that cuts through the city and see the colourful contributions made by famous graffiti artist, Banksy. Finally, we head back to Jerusalem with a day of memories that will not be soon forgotten.
This is a chance to see different facets of an extraordinary region, covering a number of places and topics and meeting people in a way that is difficult for travelers to do alone.
For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
- Visit the city where Jesus was born, Bethlehem
- Explore the ancient city of Jericho
- Tour the vibrant, modern city of Ramallah
- Enjoy panoramic views across the hills of the Judean Desert
- Experience a local Arabic style lunch
- Taste the delicious goat cheese dessert "Knaffe"
- Day Tour
07:30 – Pick-up at Abraham Hostel, Davidka Square
Qasr el-Yahud baptism site
Tour of Jericho
Tour of Ramallah
Tour of Bethlehem
18:00 – Approximate return to Jerusalem
NB: All times are approximate and highly dependent on traffic conditions
Please note that sites may vary depending on crowds and/or religious holidays.
* For operational reasons, drop-off is only possible in the same city you started from.
** The order of visiting different cities and locations may vary, depending on the guide and special events.
Good to Know
- Passports are required, and it is unlawful for Israeli passport holders to join.
- Modest clothing: Due to modesty requirements when entering the holy sites on this tour, you will need to wear clothes covering knees and arms (men and women)
- Pick up point: Jerusalem Abraham Hostel Lobby - Davidka Square
- Things to bring: Snacks & water, Hat, Camera, Sunscreen, Passport
- Transportation to all sites from Jerusalem
- Arabic style lunch
- Knaffe dessert
- Extra snacks
Do I need my passport on this tour and does it get stamped?
You do need your passport, and it does not get stamped because you are not crossing an international border.
Are meals & entrance fees included?
There are no entrance fees, and lunch is included later in the day. Bring snacks!