Galilee Tour: Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee, from Jerusalem
Go on a fascinating day tour in the Galilee region in Northern Israel, and discover its rich history, culture, stunning natural landscapes, local art, and religion. Our Galilee Tour will take you on a journey from Jerusalem to some of the most historically and culturally significant destinations in the world. All transportation is included so you can relax and enjoy the adventure!
Begin the day with a delicious breakfast at the Fauzi Azar Inn, with local delicacies and a short talk with a local. After breakfast, you will proceed to the Church of the Annunciation, one of Christianity’s most revered sites, and then you’ll have free time to explore the Old City’s enchanting narrow streets.
Our next stop is Mount of Beatitudes, where you’ll visit the serene Mount of Beatitudes Church and take in stunning panoramic views.
After our visit at the Mount of Beatitudes, we proceed to Capernaum (Kfar Nahum), for an adventure back in time. Explore its archaeological site located by the beach and its famous church.
Then, you will go for lunch and a relaxing beachside break at Ginosar beach. Try the local cuisine, take a refreshing swim, or for those seeking more historical insights, visit the Yigal Alon Museum. It houses the Ancient Boat of Jesus, a crucial point for Christian pilgrims, among other fascinating exhibits.
Our last stop is at Reish Lakish, an ecological olive oil production house located in Zippori. There you will learn the traditional methods of olive oil production.
The Galilee Tour concludes around 19:00, as we return to Jerusalem. For those wishing to prolong their experience, arrangements can be made for a return to Nazareth and an overnight stay at Fauzi Azar Inn.
- Wander through the historic streets of Nazareth's Old City.
- Visit iconic religious sites across the region.
- Experience breathtaking views from the Mount of Beatitudes.
- Take a swin in the Sea of Galilee.
- Learn about ecological olive oil production in Zippori.
- Every Monday & Thursday
5:30 Departure from Abraham Jerusalem
6:30 Departure from Abraham Tel Aviv
8:30-9:15 Arrival in Nazareth – Breakfast at Fauzi Azar, A short talk with a local.
9:15-10:00 Visit the church of the Annunciation, Free Time in the Old City
10:00 Departure from Nazareth
11:00-11:20 Mount of Beatitudes
11:30-12:10 Capernaum (Kfar Nahum)
12:30-14:10 Nof Ginosar Beach – Lunch, Beach Time, Ancient Boat of Jesus
15:00-16:00 Ecological Farm Tour – Rish Lakish
19:00 Arrival to Abraham Jerusalem
NB: All times are approximate
Good to Know
- Things to bring: Towel, water, snacks, hat, bathing suit, sunscreen, modest clothing for sacred sites
- This tour is mostly self-guided, enabling you to explore the sites independently, though there is partial guidance in Nazareth and a guided tour at Reish Lakish.
- The tour departs from and returns to Jerusalem, facilitating a seamless day trip experience.
- A small cash-only entry fee is required at the archaeological site in Capernaum (Kfar Nahum).
- If you'd like to extend your visit, arrangements can be made for an overnight stay at Fauzi Azar Inn in Nazareth. Please communicate your interest to our driver or customer service team beforehand.
- Transportation to all sites
- Entrance to Ginosar Beach on the Sea of Galilee
- Breakfast at Nazareth
- Guided tour at Reish Lakish and olive oil tastings
- Entrance fee to Capernaum (10 NIS, cash only- NIS/ Euro/ USD)
PICK A DATE
Is transportation included for the Galilee Tour?
Yes, all transportation is included, allowing you to relax and enjoy the adventure without worrying about logistics.
What does the Galilee Tour offer?
The Galilee Tour offers a day trip through the Galilee region in Northern Israel, showcasing its rich history, culture, stunning natural landscapes, local art, and religion. On this tour you will visit some of the most famous destinations in the world, all transportation included.
How should I dress for the tour?
It’s recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen for protection against the sun. Visitors should also dress modestly when visiting religious sites, covering their shoulders and knees.
Can I stay in Nazareth after the tour ends?
Arrangements can be made for a return to Nazareth and an overnight stay at Fauzi Azar Inn after the Galilee Tour. Please contact our staff in advance in order to make the proper adjustments.
Which sites will I visit on the Galilee Tour?
On the Galilee Tour you will visit the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth, Mount of Beatitudes, Capernaum (Kfar Nahum), Ginosar Beach, and Reish Lakhish.