Masada Sunrise, Ein Gedi & Dead Sea Tour from Tel Aviv
Join an adventure across the stunning Judean Desert with Abraham’s fun coordinator!
On this tour you will see the fortress of Masada, Ein Gedi nature reserve, and the Dead Sea, departing in the early morning hours so that you arrive at Masada in time to see the sunrise gleam over the desert and Jordanian Mountains.
Our Masada Tour is more than just a self-guided experience. Our Abraham Fun Coordinator is on hand to create a unique and unforgettable social adventure for you! With transportation and printed guiding materials provided, all you need to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride while our Fun Coordinator ensures that you have a fantastic time and connect with fellow adventurers.
Leaving Tel Aviv, we’ll drive east past Jerusalem and through the dark desert, all the way to the foot of Masada. As you begin to climb up the Snake Path, a moderate 45-minute hike, the sun will emerge in the east over the mountains, providing a breathtaking view. You’ll reach the top just in time to relax in front of the stunning desert landscape below, and the red sun shimmering off the still waters of the Dead Sea.
Once you’ve had your fill of the wonderful views, you’ll spend some time exploring the archaeological ruins of a castle built in the year 30 BCE by King Herod, and also the place where Jewish rebels famously decided to take their own lives rather than to fall into the hands of the advancing Roman armies. After you descend the same path, you will find the bus waiting for you, ready to continue the day’s adventures.
We will drive to Ein Gedi, a desert oasis where you can take a short hike, where you’ll likely encounter mountain goats and other creatures among the vegetation. The nature reserve includes a stream of cool running water, leading to various pools and refreshing springs, where you are welcome to bathe on hot days.
The last part of the tour is spent at the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. Enjoy the salty waters and rejuvenating therapeutic mud, floating and relaxing for an hour and a half before we return to Tel Aviv.
Our must-see Masada Sunrise tour combines some of Israel’s most beautiful and unique places, which can be difficult to get to independently. For many travelers, this experience becomes the highlight of their trip in Israel.
For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
- Climb Masada as the sun rises
- Witness the magnificent view as the sun rises over the Dead Sea, and Jordanian mountains in the distance.
- Hike in the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Float in the Dead Sea and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud
- Day Tour
02:00 – 03:00 (changes seasonally) – Pick up at Abraham Tel Aviv
05:00 – Arrival at Masada, hike up to top through the Serpent Trail
08:00 – Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
10:15 – Dead Sea Beach
14:30-15:30 – (changes seasonally) Arrive back in Abraham Tel Aviv
NB: All times are approximate, and due to seasonal variations in the sunrise time, the start time of this tour varies throughout the year.
See your booking screen for pickup time on the chosen date.
Good to Know
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials, but no actual guide.
- Self-guiding materials are available for FREE - Abraham Tours App (Available on Google Play and App store).
- We recommend to bring a packed breakfast with you or to have breakfast before the tour as there is nothing available to purchase at Masada.
- In the unlikely event of there being flooding at Ein Gedi, we will instead go to Qumran or a similar location
- Start times will vary seasonally
- Pick up Points: Abraham Tel Aviv Lobby
- Things to bring: Breakfast, Passport, Hat and sunscreen, Bathing suit, Walking shoes, Water and snacks
- Want to explore Israel like a pro? Download our FREE Abraham Tours App on Google Play or App Store, and access our self-guiding materials to make the most of your journey.
- Please note that starting October 15th, towels will not be provided on this tour. Towels can be purchased at Abraham Hostel reception (the tour pick-up point) for 15 NIS.
- Transportation to all sites from Tel Aviv
- Entrance to the beach at the Dead Sea
- Breakfast, Lunch and drinks
- Masada entrance (31 NIS)
- Ein Gedi entrance (28 NIS)
- This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation, but no actual guide.
- Self-guiding materials are available for FREE – Abraham Tours App (Available on Google Play and App store).
PICK A DATE
Is it possible to take the cable car at Masada on this tour?
It is not. On this tour you will need to climb up Masada and then back down.
Can I return to Jerusalem instead of Tel Aviv?
Sometimes this is possible, but for operational reasons cannot be guaranteed in advance. Please ask your driver on the day of the tour, and if possible – we will gladly accommodate this request.
What sites will we be visiting on this tour?
Our tour will take you to two of Israel’s most iconic sites – Masada fortress and the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. You’ll get to ride a cable car to the top of Masada fortress and enjoy breathtaking views of the desert and the Dead Sea. At Ein Gedi, you’ll hike alongside cool spring waters and even get the chance to float in the Dead Sea and immerse yourself in its famous therapeutic mud.
Is this a guided tour?
The tour is self-guided, but we do provide transportation and printed guiding materials for your convenience. We also have a Fun Coordinator who will be there to ensure that you have a great time and connect with fellow adventurers.
What is the Abraham Tours App?
The Abraham Tours App is a free travel app that you can download to your smartphone. It provides more information on the sites we’ll be visiting and helps you make the most of your journey.
What should I bring on this tour?
We recommend that you bring breakfast, a hat, sunscreen, a bathing suit, walking shoes, water, and snacks. It’s also a good idea to bring a camera to capture the stunning views.
What happens if there is flooding at Ein Gedi?
In the unlikely event of flooding at Ein Gedi, we will visit Qumran or a similar location instead to ensure that your tour continues as planned.
Do the prices change?
Yes, the prices for this tour are dynamic. The pricing changes according to availability and demand.