Bethlehem Tour- from Tel Aviv
Go on a fascinating journey to the city of Jesus’s birth with our Bethlehem tour from Tel-Aviv. From the world-renowned Church of the Nativity to the Franciscan Grotto of Lady Mary and the barrier wall, this unique tour provides you the chance to uncover the deep biblical history and rich heritage of the extraordinary city of Bethlehem, while we take care of all logistics.
Our first stop is the Church of the Nativity, one of the oldest churches in the world and the birthplace of Jesus. Witness the chapels of the Catholic, Armenian, and Greek Orthodox Christians within this grand and historically significant church.
Next, we visit the Franciscan Grotto of Lady Mary, also known as the ‘Milk Grotto.’ This underground cave, with a Franciscan chapel above it, is believed to be where Mary, Joseph, and Jesus sought refuge from King Herod before their journey to Egypt.
At our last stop, we invite you to discover the Walled Off Hotel, a unique establishment created by British street artist Banksy, positioned close to the barrier wall separating Israel and the Palestinian West Bank. You will have some free time to independently explore the wall and the hotel. Do note that the hotel entrance fee is 20 NIS.
With our Bethlehem Tour, you’ll have a wonderful chance to truly experience the sacred city of Bethlehem.
For detailed information about the destinations we’ll explore, download our complimentary travel app on your smartphone.
At the end of the tour, you can choose whether to get off the shuttle next to the Old City of Jerusalem or in Abraham Jerusalem. While you’ll depart from Tel-Aviv in the morning with Abraham, please note that the return trip to Tel-Aviv is not included. You’ll need to arrange your own transportation back to Tel-Aviv.
- Visit the city where Jesus was born, Bethlehem
- Enter one of the oldest churches in the world, the Church of Nativity
- Discover the Milk Grotto and learn of its history and origins
- Walk through the old city of Bethlehem
- Engage with unique art and political commentary at Banksy's Walled Off Hotel.
- Half Day Tour-Wednesday & Friday
Itinerary until 31/10:
6:30 Depart from Abraham Tel Aviv
7:30 Breakfast in Abraham Jerusalem
8:00 Pick-up at Abraham Jerusalem, Davidka Square
9:00 – Arrive to Church of Nativity, Bethlehem Tour
11:45 – Free time at the barrier wall, Walled Off Hotel
12:30 – Leave Bethlehem
13:15- Arrive to Jerusalem Old City- Jaffa Gate
13:45- Arrive to Abraham Jerusalem
Itinerary from 1/11:
6:30- Depart from Abraham Tel Aviv
7:30- Depart from Abraham Jerusalem, Davidka Square
8:30- Arrive to Church of Nativity, Bethlehem Tour
11:30- Free time at the barrier wall, Walled Off Hotel
12:00- Leave Bethlehem
12:45- Arrive to Jerusalem Old City- Jaffa Gate
13:00- Arrive to Abraham Jerusalem
*Please note that the end point of the tour is Abraham Jerusalem, and does not include transfer back to Tel Aviv.
NB: All times are approximate and highly dependent on traffic conditions.
*The sites may vary depending on crowds and/or religious holidays.
Good to Know
- Passports are required, and it is unlawful for Israeli passport holders to join.
- Things to bring: passport, snacks & water, hat & sunscreen, camera.
- Modest dress required for entering the holy sites.
- The end point of the tour is Abraham Jerusalem, and does not include transfer back to Tel Aviv.
- The tour is not covered by international travel insurance. Accordingly, if you wish to purchase travel insurance, you must do so independently.
- Please notice the slight changes in the tour itinerary starting from 1/11
- A Local Guide
- Transport to all sites
- Food and Drinks
- Entrance fee to Walled Off Hotel (20 NIS)
- Transfer back to Tel Aviv
PICK A DATE
What should I wear for modest dress?
It is required for both men and women to cover their knees and their shoulders on this tour.
Do I need my passport for these tours and will it get stamped?
You do need your passport, and it does not get stamped because you are not crossing an international border.
Will there be free time during the tour?
Yes, after visiting the Walled Off Hotel in Bethlehem, you will have some free time to explore the rest of the city at your own pace.
You will also have some free time for lunch in Jerusalem’s Old City.