The best place to experience the Jewish Shabbat or Sabbath is in Jerusalem, and our Shabbat Experience is the perfect way to learn about and enjoy all of the aspects of this millennium-old tradition
- Bring in the Shabbat in the Holy City as thousands of people gather in the city for prayer and ritual
- Learn about the traditions and customs which make up this ancient day of rest
- Visit the Western Wall and a number of other synagogues in the old city
- Experience the intense and rich atmosphere of the Old City of Jerusalem
- 17:00 - Tour begins from the Jaffa Gate
- 19:30 - Tour ends (approximately)
- NB: All times are approximate
- -Modest dress is required for this tour (scarf/shawl for women. No shorts or bare shoulders)
Jerusalem is renowned for the various religious holidays and festivals which are celebrated here each year, but many people don’t realise that the festive atmosphere can be experienced every week during the Jewish Shabbat or Sabbath. As many Jerusalamites stop working early and head home to celebrate the end of the week, and the peaceful weekend to come, the city comes alive with Jews from all the different streams of Judaism coming to celebrate at the Western Wall.
Join us for our Shabbat Experience which will take you to sites such as the Western Wall, HURVA synagogue, Sephardic Synagogues, and the Jewish Quarter, as the Shabbat beckons, the songs and prayers start, and the sun begins to set on the horizon over the city walls.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.