Leaving from Nazareth, this is the best opportunity to see famous sites in the north of Israel. Our Mt. Tabor, Jordan River, Capernaum, and Sea of Galilee tour is sure to leave a lasting impression, as you visit sites of religious, historical, and natural significance.
- Scan the Jezreel Valley from Mount Tabor, the site of Jesus’ Transfiguration
- See the biblical sight of Jesus' Baptism at the Jordan River
- Visit the ancient fishing village of Capernaum, the town of Jesus
- View the stunning Sea of Galilee from its beautiful beaches
- Take a refreshing swim in the cool waters of the Sea of Galilee from a full facility beach
- 07:30 - Depart from Nazareth - Mary's Well (HaMaayan Square)
- 08:30 - Arrive at Mt. Tabor
- 11:30 - Yardenit - The Baptismal Site on the Jordan River
- 12:30 - Lunch (not included)
- 14:00 - Capernaum
- 15:00 - Sea of Galilee Beach
- 16:30 - Arrive back in Nazareth
- NB: All times are approximate
This tour departs in the morning from Nazareth. Our Mount Tabor, Jordan River, and Sea of Galilee tour will help you explore the history and natural beauty that makes this region so unique.
Our first stop brings us to Mount Tabor, a historical Biblical site in both the Old and the New Testament. Here is the famous spot of the Transfiguration of Jesus. Located in the Jezreel Valley, Mount Tabor is a striking site that will expose you to the terrain of the Lower Galilee region, especially if you choose to hike one of its trails.
Then it’s on to Yardenit, the Baptism site of Jesus on the Jordan River. This site has great religious significance, having many visitors choose to also be baptized here. Beyond that, it is also a tranquil place to view the Jordan River on the point where its waters leave the Sea of Galilee.
After our lunch break, a scenic drive through the Galilee region will take us to the Sea of Galilee, actually Lake Kinneret, the largest freshwater lake in the Middle East and the lowest situated lake in the world – 200m below sea level, as we visit the adopted Town of Jesus, Capernaum, where you can marvel at the religious and historical significance of a site revered by millions of Christians throughout the world. Visit the home of Peter, as well as an ancient synagogue situated where Jesus taught.
Our final stop (seasonal) brings us back to the Sea of Galilee where we’ll relax at a beach allowing you to enter the cool and refreshing waters, escaping the heat of the day, before returning to Nazareth.
CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES:
Exchange rate information is provided by a third party for indicative purposes only.